Monday, October 4, 2010

person. person. test.

The enneagram results put me in category 3 which is otherwise known as image focused.  I also scored higher with withdrawn traits.  I totally agree with the test results I received.  It's neat how we can disguise  our inner feeling with our outside appearance.  Although I do have this character trait the fact that I'm somewhat withdrawn from society and the world is very odd.  On the inside I'm thoroughly confused as far as my life goes.  A lot of the time I'm scared or have horrid anxiety but I cover this up with my appearance.  I like to seem confident as if I could care less what anyone honestly thinks.  The truth is, that's actually the opposite of how I really feel.  I care far to much about what you think.  This is due partly to the fact that I want to know if how I feel is how I'm portrayed.

I've been a musician for the past seven years and played numerous shows in Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.  This has done nothing but boost my ego.  Oh how much I enjoy the feel of being in the spotlight!  Arriving at the show only to see people waiting around to watch me play is such a uplifting feeling.  Maybe this has effected me in a negative way and maybe not.  My girlfriend tells me time and time again that I'm pretty much an asshole.  At first I would beg to differ but when it really comes down to it maybe the truth is I am an asshole.  Do you really believe the truth shall set you free?  I don't see how this would aid in setting me free at the least.  


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is a "the first step to recovery is acceptance" sort of scenario? I don't know you much further than a short conversation in the hallway; but from that there were no indications of asshole. Who am I to tell though? Good write, very descriptive, easy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sean, lovely writing. 3's are very complex and interesting people! They're like snowflakes more so than a lot of the other types. They manifest themselves in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete